Friday 16 March 2012

Megan's Way



This review however really spoke to me so I had to post it. CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS The book took me completely by surprise, I have seen it a few times on amazon while perusing the fantasy/magic section of kindle books but i just didn't "feel" the title. I decided to download a sample just to satisfy my curiosity, well all I can say to my self is "dude what took you so freaking long!!". The book flowed seamlessly from page to page, it was like pouring water from a jug into a cup. What's is so special about the book is that the author uses creatures and ideas found in many fantasy books and masterfully spins a story using those building blocks, to form this world that completely sucks you in. The levels of magic described by doors is novel and clearly gives the reader a way to gauge power and ability. The use of Latin and histories as well is very well thought out. Certain portions of the book evoked so strong emotions from me that I had to take a breather before continuing (Pride, Sadness, Anger, Glee, Excitement). I immediately liked Michael (Protagonist) and felt he would be a good person to have as a friend. I love the concept of the Avari as well, though Micah is still a bit of an enigma i would love to have resolved. The betrayal was expected from Mieka ever since Michael thought she had something weird about her and she thoroughly enjoyed using her beauty to mess with people. Actually I believe that she might be Megan's sister, and was a plant by Mortow to spy on Merric. All in all the story is simply beautifully crafted and I cant wait for the sequel to come out. It was posted by Adedayo Makinde on Amazon. I wish to personally say thanks for the great review.


  little boy in Megan's class came up to me and shyly put his head down and said, "I think Megan is awesome." I just smiled and said, "I do to." He smiled and ran off with his Dad and brother. It was so cute and reminded me of all those little crushes when I was little. I even have a few that go way back (even pre-K) as friends on facebook. I sure hope she can keep friends like that. We all need those special people in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment